Sunday, September 22, 2013

Let Me Introduce Myself

Greetings readers, my name is Adonica Hennessy and I am a student at the University of Northern Iowa. My desire is to see the independent artisan succeed. I am Indigenous to the U.S. so my focus for this blog will be on the Indigenous artisan.

As an artist I appreciate the many different forms of art that is created throughout the world. I love it, whether it be music, literature, painting, drawing, sculpture or anything that is aesthetically pleasing to the senses. 

My interest and content for this blog lies within the technological realm in how it relates to the empowerment of the Indigenous independent artisan. 

The avenues which artists have used to market their craft in the past have at times put limits on the exposure and positioning of their creations.

I can see that social media is everywhere and is gaining momentum as we speak. It has allowed many an independent artist to get their time in the spot light which otherwise via the old route, would have taken much more time and effort.

I am amazed at the talent I have seen on the internet. I look forward to delving into this subject even more and hope you will take that journey with me. 

Feel free to comment and/or lead me to an Indigenous independent artist that you may know who can enlighten me on their technological journey and how it has impacted their life as an artist. 





No comments:

Post a Comment